Friday, July 31, 2009

Because its what I wanted to do!

I wanted to go dancing, so I did.
I want to go dancing again, so I will.

Do things because you want to do them. Before you participate in an activity, ask yourself if it is going to benefit you and/or the people around you. Are you doing it for YOU? Are you doing it because you want to participate?

We all have to do certain things we don't particularly want to do, but find a way to understand how by doing it you will benefit yourself, and/or the people around you in a good way. And by "benefiting" other people, I don't mean to "please" others. I'm talking about a philanthropic style benefit.

If you find yourself doing things you don't want to do... in order to please someone else, the relationship you have with that person will suffer. If you are doing things you don't want to do because you are pleasing society, the relationship you have with yourself will suffer.

So do something "because its what I wanted to do". Then when someone asks you "what motivated you to do blah blah blah, you'll know.

I love to dance, so I dance a lot!

Love (verb) you!
Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment